Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Some Arica thoughts and observations - Part I

* I have a sandal tan! And it's November! :)

* At least 4 scientists (that I've seen) that work around me carry mini-calculators in their breast pockets - at all times! yikes, what nerds.

* If I hear "Hola Gringa", "Hola Chica" [in very dirty tone], or any more of those obscene noises (like kissing, or something I will not even try to mimmick) coming from where ever, somewhere around me - I might just make an obscene comment back.

* I love feeling that baby kick!

* The preferred beach wear of some of the local men appears to be a pair of very tight, very small, very neon colored speedos. I will pretend I didn't see that. :)

* The different ways in which I count down the days till I see Ben again. There is the obvious one: the count down on this blog. And then there are the others, for example: how many more flights I will have to go on before leaving (at least 3); how many more times I will get to eat the delicious hotel breakfasts (17-3=14). And then, a fun one: so when I left for Chile, I counted out how many strips of prenatal vitamins I had to take with me (at least 4, as I would have to use up about 3.5). Now, every time I get to grab a new strip (10 vitamins) it feels HUGE! SUCH a big step in getting closer to the return trip. I have 2 strips down, and little over 1.5 to go! :)

* So Obama it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey zussie,

Hihi wat een leuk verhaal :)
"t schiet nu erg op! ik ngo twee daagjes en dan zit ik ook op de helft van me stage! Vrijdag een grote presentatie geven.. :S wel spannend...
Net hardgelopen en nu lekker douchen!
succes met vliegen!
dikke knuffel

Anonymous said...

hi lieve griet.

wat een prachtige verhalen maak je er weer van ! ik zie je het helemaal zo bedenken.
sterkte vannacht....en wordt niet te misselijk !!!!!!!!
knuf
mams