
With our advisors all on the plane today, us girls thought it a perfect afternoon to hit the beach! hehe :)


I even finally went swimming too! It was kinda chilly though. The ocean goes down really deep really fast all along the coast here, and a lot of upwelling is associated with it, leaving the water not too balmy. But, coming from Wyoming, it would be a sin to spend 6 weeks at the ocean, and not go swimming in it.
I also tanned* the belly :) - every now and then, with the baby kicking I could see a little wobble! So cool! I took a picture of it, but I don't know if I'm comfortable posting it :)
(*though it didnt actually seem to have gotten any color haha)
[edit to add] - I'm 22 weeks today!
from babycenter.com:
"How your baby's growing: At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily."
As I mentioned above, I can sometimes feel the baby's kicking on the outside now too! And, if it s strong enough, it causes a little wobble - so fun! I'm happy that by the time I get back home, Ben can actually feel the baby move too!


1 comment:
Oh wat een leuke relaxte platen.
Als je straks weer in koud Wyoming zit denk je hier nog met genoegen aan terug !Wat heb je een leuk mammie badpak aan !
Het gaat nu hard voor je ! nog
een vlucht !
knuffel mams
Post a Comment