Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

On Christmas Eve, we went to church service at our church. It was so nice to be able to do that for a change! We've always been out of town!
After church service, we went to Ben's parents to spend the rest of Christmas there. I will not bore you with all the endless food we ate, but do have to tell you about the awesome presents that Ben and I got!
I know, I know, Christmas is not about presents, but these simply HAVE TO BE mentioned:
Tom BUILT us a cradle for the baby, and Ben a gun cabinet for his rifles! When we got to the house, Tom and Marilyn made us close our eyes, guiding us to the living room, where we were allowed to open them - suprise! They are so beautiful! I love that cradle!

Sage admiring the cradle. It has a pin on the side that you can pull out so you can rock the cradle, or stick it back in to keep it stable.

And me - with the hugest smile ever on my face :)

Ben's gun cabinet. Beautiful!


The inside.

Do you think they liked that we liked our presents? :)
Early Christmas morning at mom and dad's. Home made cinnamon rolls and hot coco - mmm.
Early Christmas morning pyjama walk with Sage and Kenai.

Do you think it was windy?

After all the Christmas festivities Ben and I (I admit, mostly I) spent some time "nesting". On friday afternoon we went to Babys R Us in FtCollins to get registered - we spent two hours in that store! We decided on sort of a natural theme, based on some really cute bedding that we found, with the colors yellow and natural green. Ben also bought me the rocking chair for in the nursery! Except it had to be ordered so we'll have to come back for it. We also went to Lowes to buy some shelves that I will paint and use in the nursery.
On sunday, I spent all day sanding and re-painting a little old dresser that I got from grandma Bryan, and yesterday I spent all day painting the nursery! I'm a tad sore today, but it was all worth it :)
A little dresser from grandma Bryan that I sanded and repainted.
The cradle in the nursery - and my newly painted green wall behind it :)


Cradle again, with green and yellow wall in background.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wat een schattig wiegje !!!!
Oh wat is ie lief !! wat een lieffie.
Wat een welkom voor jullie dochter !
Tom is een vakman hoor !
Een hemeltje hoeft helemaal niet op dit bedje.
Die mooie rode strik is veel origineler ! Prachtig ! Ik kan niet wachten om het allemaal te mogen zien. xxxxx mams.

The Ennists said...

What a beautiful cradle! And it is all the more special since it was made by her grandpa. I love the colors in the room as well. You truely are nesting:-) It is so much fun, huh??

Cat said...

You're off to a great start with the nursery! I still love to decorate my childrens' rooms! The cradle (and the gun rack) are beautiful! Happy New Year!