Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008 - A Utah Camping Adventure

This Thankgiving season I again have many things to be thankful for, including an opportunity for Ben and I to get away together on our 5th annual thanksgiving winter camping trip :).

Destination: Arches National Park, Utah.

Key words: Lots of good food, good naps, reading, beautiful scenery, gorgeous hikes, together- alone, road trip! (= time for good, endless conversations - 8 hrs on the way there, and, due to lovely mountain winter weather, 13 hrs back. Main topic this year? Finding a name for our little girl! **Btw - just for those that have asked - My due date is still March 20th, and no, we won't be announcing her name until after she is born :) ** )

Below an array of photos. I tried to post more of the 'people shots' (since it is a blog) then the nature shots. It was really hard to pick which ones to post though - Ben is far too good a photographer, especially of the beautiful scenery! He also likes to take many, many photos (about 450 actually!).

SO HAPPY TOGETHER! :















POSING WITH THE BABY BUMP:








SOME SCENIC SHOTS:






THE MAN OF THE HOUSE:



Isn't he handsome?



HIKES:








THE ATMOSPHERE - RAINY, BUT COSY:





Cards, drinks and Dutch apple pie ... mmmm












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely pictures, and a lovely belly !
And what a beautiful nature !
ha ha nu zie ik waar mijn regenjas is gebleven die groene !goed te weten dat die in de camper zit !
Gebruik hem maar lekker !
knuffels mammie !

Anonymous said...

Hey zussie en Ben,

WOWIE wat een mooie foto's van de omgeving en van jullie twee! leuke foto's!!
Ben erg jaloers moet ik zeggen! zo veel moois om jullie heen (ookal is het ook een eind rijden..)
Kan niet wachten tot ik van't zomer naar jullie (drieen) toe mag komen! Eerst nog even een half jaartje 't met foto's en de mooie verhalen op de blog doen!

Mis jullie!!

Dikke knuffel,

Lotje

Lee Ann said...

I love the belly bump. One of these days I'll be able to see you in person. (especially since you only live about 5 blocks away, :) we should do dinner some day)

Andy and Megan said...

You guys have seen the best of God's creation!! Those pictures could be in National Geographic--so totally awesome! Your belly is getting bigger--the special day will be here before you know it! We must get together soon!

The Line of David said...

That looks like so much fun! I really miss camping and the west. It's exciting you're having a girl, they are so sweet. Can't wait to see you guys again.
Kristen

Anonymous said...

Wow great shots of Arches National Park. Tell Ben to get a flickr feed for all the other pictures you don't post they would be great to see. Must admit I miss the Nature back home <- especially the skiing (and I guess family ;-). You too look great and best of luck in the last trimester! Best, David and Christina