Again a post with a "double" theme :)
First doctors visit was with Sage this morning - poor thing has some sort of infection in her eyes, and had been rubbing her face for the last couple of days. She also had to have a few yearly shots (rabies, kennel cough, etc.), so along with all the treats she got from the vet (cheese!) and all the other puppies around, she was bouncing!
Then it was my turn - I thought it would just be another boring, quick, in, pee in cup, and out sort of prenatal appointment, but they had a fun surprise for me - the glucose test! I had heard all sorts of horrid stories about the stuff they make you drink, but truly, I was able to swallow the orange flavored syrup stuff down quite easy :) but - yikes that is sweet!
I then met with the doctor, and I mentioned to him that the baby had been pretty quiet over the last couple of days - he told me not to think too much of it - the baby is just starting to get more snug in there :). He also checked the heart beat, and everything looked fine, and I measured normal.
10 Minutes later I sat in the waiting room, waiting for my hour to be up so I could have my blood drawn. And - BOOM! - I guess all that sugar must have reached the baby, because she was bouncing around! So fun! I guess all I need to do when I want to feel the baby move is eat a pile of sugar :)
I hope I pass the test though!
I guess I'm now also starting my third trimester (woaa!), because they want to see me every 2 weeks now.
14 years ago


3 comments:
Yeah! More time spent sitting in the clinic:-) I have been going every week for a while now and I have to say how much I enjoy it! Honestly though, I am glad you are in your third trimester and I hope Sage's eye gets better very soon!
Congratulations. Eating a pile of sugar is about right. That stuff is super sweet. I didn't have any problems drinking it but it does have a lot of sugar. We will have to see if I can handle it with this one.
Arme Sage.Maar ja het hoort erbij !
Ik had je wel eens in die wachtkamer willen zien zitten.
opeens : boem , het baby meisje laat van zich horen.
kan Ben het hartje van de baby al horen door je buik ?leuk is dat he.
knuffel mams Carla
Post a Comment