Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just another day at the office

The flight went great! We found some great clouds, and collected some great data by flying below them, through them and above them. It was a long night, but I had a nap as soon as I got back to the hotel, and will probably turn in early tonight :)
Here's some pictures:
The beast at 1 am.
Again - the C-130 at 1 am (longer exposure)
Fuelling the aircraft - this takes ~45 minutes, and we are stuck inside the whole time
f.l.t.r Jeff, Jorgen (Jensen - sits in seat next to mine) and Perry hanging out in the back of the plane during fuelling
Pre-take off activity inside the cabin
Right before sunrise, I sneaked into the cock-pit, and got the most gorgeous view ever! Sun rising over the cloud tops!
See the difference in cloud top level? Below that bump there, there is a drizzle shaft - one of the things we are studying - how the aerosol interacts with the cloud and interacts with the drizze (formation)
Co-pilot doing his job :)
And here it is, the copper ball!
And again a few minutes later


















3 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I love the sun rise pictures. It looks like you are staying busy.

Krismisstree said...

That's beautiful!

Are you still feeling well?

Can't wait to see you again soon!!

ser.en.dip.iti photography said...

AWEsome photos!