Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 25, 2008

My "heirloom tomato"

I love how every week, babycenter.com compares your little sprout to some sort of vegetable, fruit or legume :). By now, we've graduated from rice kernel to heirloom tomato haha.
I'm 19 weeks +1 day along today! - From babycenter.com:

"Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches (= 15 cm), head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid."

My belly is slowly growing bigger and bigger :) - and, for about a week now I've been feeling the baby move! It is so fun, it puts the biggest smile on my face :) I feel it mostly in the afternoon and evenings, especially after something sweet or caffeinated. Love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wat vindt oma dat mooi dat je de baby voelt bewegen !Fantastisch !
Ik begrijp dat je meer aan je baby denkt dan aan je werk...
maar ja...Jou zien zitten in het vliegtuig is ook wel heel bijzonder hoor !
Eenderde van de tijd zit er nu op, dus dat schiet al op !
liefs mammie

Krismisstree said...

Wiesje, that's great :) Isn't it so special? Hopefully by the time you get home, Ben will be able to feel your tomato!!

ser.en.dip.iti photography said...

she loves sweets like her momma!!! so, I find it interesting that we are calling her "her", are we sure that it's going to be a little girl?!! Just let me know when you know for sure, so that I can go crazy buying all the cute girlie outfits out there!