I'm sure I will blog much much more about this topic, but consider this food blog nr. 1 :)
So as I said earlier, the hotel breakfast is fantastic. No issues there. Hotel lunches and dinners are good too, except as with most restaurants it is sometimes hard to get your daily veggies in (haven't seen salads yet).
Today, 2 coworkers and I (there are 5 of us from Laramie now) walked downtown to find some lunch. Downtown was very interesting, lots and lots of people that all they seem to do for a living is lounge around under a tree. Either way, we ended up at this restaurant, and I ordered (from a picture) what looked like a regular old hamburger :). I was a little surprised then when what I got was this ENORMOUS bun, with shredded beef meat in between the buns, and tomatoes (very normal so far), and then - about a layer an inch thick of green beans!?!? Green beans from a can! Haha. On top of that there was this yellow melted goo that I'm sure was some sort of cheese :). Since I am not a picky eater, and figured that at least with this "green bean burger" I would get some veggies in for the day (even though from a can), I just went for it and ate the whole thing :)
There is also the "issue" that like most Latin type places, restaurants don't open till 8:30-9 ish, which means eating very late. This is not a problem if you're on vacation, but since I am here for work, I do have to get up a resonable time in the mornings - oh well - just have to get used to going straight to bed with a full belly I guess :) (and being starving all the way from normal dinner time till 9!).
14 years ago


2 comments:
Did the sandwich taste good? From the description it didn't sound too tasty.
Lee Ann - it actually did taste just fine. Though I'm pretty sure I would never pick that over a hamburger with bacon and blue cheese :)
Post a Comment