Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Beach

I was getting a little sad, missing Ben, so he told me to walk out in the sunshine, sit on the beach, and take some pictures to share. So I did:


Ship - Fishing for anchovis (and others) is one of the main sources of income for the people here, so during the day, the sea is filled with little fishing boats (though this one might be a little bigger tanker of sorts). One of these mornings I'll take my camera to the next bay, where they tend to gather at that time - fun to watch!

Waves crashing on the rocks - sometimes some pretty big swells come in, and make for some nice splashy waves, but my camera (courtesy of the Antarctican cold 2 yrs ago) tends to shut really slow, always missing the action :)


A little bird I saw digging for clams and little fishies?



Also typical South American - on the big hill near the town (town is on the other side of this hill) there is a lady(*) with arms spread open. ... a zoom in: [(*) EDIT: upon closer inspection, the lady appeared to be a bearded man :) - probably a Jesus figure?]

(little blurry)


Oh - and the beach and streets and sidewalks are filled with little stray dogs like this one - some definately cuter than the others :) This one just found something to eat in between the rocks.

No comments: