I can't believe it! Things are still going well - we are learning more about her every day. And even though the whole process takes at least an hour still, we are figuring out what works for her when it comes to feeding/burping/spitting/diapers. She spits up a lot, and as new parents this worried us a little, but I read in my trusty "What to expect, the first year" book that doctors tend to laugh internally when parents worry about spit up, because apparently according to them "Spit up is a laundry problem, not a health problem." Well said I guess :)
So here's Andi's two week picture with Slungel the rabbit :)
(P.S. Yes, two different outfits - you guess what happened in between)

We also had her two week appointment this afternoon, and she weighed in at a whopping 6 lbs 12 oz (10th percentile, though some of that I think was because her belly was so full!), measured 19 inches (~7th percentile), and her head 35 cm (25th percentile).
She's grown half an inch, and 11 oz!!
Still waiting for her umbilical stump to fall off though ...
Still waiting for her umbilical stump to fall off though ...
My parents left for their camping adventure last Sunday, and while they left us a fridge full of food, Andi and I are now on our own for a bit, while Ben goes to work.
I on the other hand am having another little starter hiccup - yay for me, I've got mastitis! (borstontsteking) I was feeling pretty miserable on Sunday, so I went to the doctor on Monday and he gave me a round of antibiotics. I'm feeling better already, but I hope it disappears soon!


2 comments:
I love the picture. Glad to hear she is doing well. I pray you get better soon. I have yet to have that but I hear it is no fun.
She is beautiful! I'm working on a small gift for her when I come to visit in July...(?) I too, had mastitis- (isn't that when you get a very sore clogged duct???) ANyay, I had it a couple of times with Harrison and I put a cool cabbage leaf in my bra-! I'm not convinced it worked but was a working theory...
Cat
Post a Comment