Ben and I got to spend 2.5 hours at the clinic today - mostly waiting :) But, we do have some exciting news!! ... I'm scheduled to be induced next week!!
My ultrasound this morning showed the same thing as before - I still have very low fluid - it was slightly lower even than last time, but she was positioned different, which could have altered the outcome. However, our little girl has grown a bit! That double pan of brownies I've been working on must be doing its job, because according to the ultrasound she's about 5 lbs 10 oz, which I know can still be quite a bit off, but that number sounds much better to me than the 4.5 lbs from two weeks ago!
After that I had another non-stress test, where she wiggled around like a madwoman, and after that Dr. Klingler checked me (OUCH!!): I'm 1.5 cm dialated, 50% effaced - hey at least it's something, right? :)
He then said to think about an induction date: "How does wednesday sound?" Both my and Ben's eyes popped out of their sockets (though Ben described it more as something **** his pants) - as in THIS wednesday???? "Yes."
Though I will go with whatever the doc thinks is best, he did say that next week would be fine as well, he just didn't want to put the baby at risk. He therefore went to ask the other doctors for a second and third opinion, which I thought was pretty awesome. The final decision amongst the doctors was that early next week would probably be fine too, assuming everything continues to go well (I go in again on friday for a check)
Monday night next week (the 9th) we will go in to get started, and on tuesday morning they will start inducing. So exciting!!!
14 years ago


3 comments:
Wow ! op de valreep zie ik je dan toch nog met een dikke buik.!!!
Wat spannend nu gaat het toch echt allemaal gebeuren.
Gods zegen toegewenst en toegebeden.
mommy carla
Ongeloofelijk toch!!
Heel leuk dat je gisteren even belde!!
Dikke knuffel!
That's exciting! I bet you are pretty anxious. We'll be praying for you and the baby. I was induced with Emma, it took a long time but it wasn't bad.
Kristen
Post a Comment