30 weeks today! Wow!
From babycenter.com: "Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face."
My belly has grown a LOT over the last 3 weeks or so, and I know that's only the beginning :)
She's been moving around a lot more too, and I've had one or two very good kicks in the gut, that almost made me jump up from my chair. I'm still feeling very comfortable, and though I miss being able to go out for a nice cold, long, hard run sometimes, a quiet walk with Sage is nice too. This week, Ben and I went to our first baby class at the hospital - it was pretty entertaining (especially the "relaxation" exercises at the end - not really our style: "Your arm is getting warm and heavy, your arm is getting warm and heavy, feel how your arm is getting warmer and heaver, until it is completely relaxed" - and so on for every limb - Ben and I were like the little school kids giggling in the back haha), and on top of getting a whole hospital tour and getting registered, I'm sure we'll learn some new things.
Other than that, I'm so happy for Debbie that we truly did have our last belly picture together - Weston is a handsome little man!
Also, Ben starts his first drill with the National Guard this weekend! Very excited, and curious as to how things will go!
[Edit to add: My previous professor just walked in, and said: "You have gone to extraordinary lengths to get out of teaching this semester" :) LOL. Apparently the department had planned that I would be teaching the ATSC2000 lab this spring. This is obviously not happening, and they were having a little hard time finding someone else :) - I guess it's my turn next fall.]


1 comment:
Oh wat heerlijk al je verhalen.
Ik lees de ontwikkeling van je baby mee in "het grote wonder "
Prachtig !
8 maart, dan mag ik je buik aanschouwen !
Tot die tijd moet ik het met foto s doen !
knuffel mams
Post a Comment