Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baby romance

Ever since Andi was born, we have joked about her betrothal to little Mr. Weston Ennist, including how many goats should be included in her dowry. Little does Weston know though that he has some pretty strong competition in form of his brother, bigger Mr. Tyler Ennist. Though the relationship between Weston and Andi doesn't go much further than taking toys from eachother, and maybe Andi looking in envy at Westons ease of moving about the room (and maybe his pearly whites), Tyler will never let an opportunity go by to give Andi kisses, and has even (though for reasons we are not quite sure of ... you will have to ask Debbie about those ...) asked Ben for Andi's hand in marriage (Ben told him to ask again in a couple of years). Yesterday we went over to watch a movie at their house, and I had hardly taken Andi out of the carseat or Tyler was there, asking if he could hold her. Because initially Tyler didn't have a very good grip on Andi, I asked him if he was able to hold her ... mistake! ... he looked at me like [DUH], and said "I'm 4 years old!". Debbie and I helped him get a better grip on Andi, and within no time they were twirling around the room together! Tyler didn't just want to hold her, he wanted to dance with her! Probably the cutest thing I have seen in quite a while!
We tried to quickly get a shot of it on our cameras, but by the time I was ready, Andi was already sliding down. Maybe Debbie has a better shot? I do also have a video a few seconds long.... (sorry it's sideways)




One thing these little ones haven't learned yet is that sharing kisses also means sharing cooties, which has resulted in them all having a nice cold. When I was a teenager, I remember my dad telling me once that if he saw me with a cold sore on my lip, he would know I had been kissing too many boys. I was always very very glad that I never got one :)
Andi will have to learn too (or maybe not I guess :) ), because the way she wakes up now every morning, you can definitely tell she's been sharing kisses: boogers everywhere!



3 comments:

grandma carla said...

Wat schattig he zo n jeugdig danspaartje.
Ach, Andi s oog zit helemaal dicht van de verkoudheid.
knuffel
grandma carla

The Ennists said...

Ahhh, how cute! I didn't get as good of a picture as you did. I agree, it was adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hi zussie,

Haha wat schattig!

Haar oogje ziet er wel beetje naar uit inderdaad haha buggers and snotjes everywhere!

Knuffie