Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

A Weekend in the Clouds

Camping with mom and dad in Medicine Bow (elevation 10,700 ft = 3260 m.). Clouds and sleet on the first evening, lots of beautiful gloomy, rainy clouds all day saturday, a freezing night sat/sun, and then some well deserved sunshine on sunday!

The rigs (left - ours; right - mom and dad's).



Lots of hot chocolate and sitting by the fire.

Pretty flowers everywhere!



A hike in the clouds.









Some fishing (yes, I'm wearing 2 sweaters, and two coats... in August)

Beautiful views.


My man and the moon :)

Our horse.
Dad fishing.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun besides the freezing part:-)

Krismisstree said...

W--all three books in the sidebar of my blog are books I would highly recommend! I also like Tim Downs as an author, but only if you like CSI-type stuff--he's a very 'clean' mystery/CSI writer and there aren't any smutty parts or anything.

Also, I just read a book by Mel Downs, and it was similar--CSI type, but clean, and actually had SOME Christian themes in it...

If Jamie is done with the excellent book I read before I started my recommendations on the blog, you are welcome to take it--archaeology meets the Bible, it was pretty cool. I can't think of the title right now. But it was good, and long--good Chile reading material, maybe :)

This was a long comment. Sorry :)

Krismisstree said...

PS--Lee Ann has Hadassah and John's Story, but when she's done you can take them with you! I really liked both of them.