Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

18 months

Andi's 18 months old! :)

Like I said in the previous post, we're enjoying this "boom" in language development toddlers this age seem to be having, and it seems she s learning new words weekly, or mimicing ours. I love how she tilts her head when she asks me (in her own language) a question, and have to say it is quite convenient sometimes that she can obey more of the simple commands ... yay for her starting to put her own toys back!! Another big step: first solo down the slide at the park! Feet first, on her belly, smiling all the way down.

She still has *quite* the intense personality sometimes though, which can result in quite the temper tantrums. No, I don't like to say this, but it makes her look possessed sometimes :)

She's got 3 molars now, and 6 going on 7 teeth. She's also still not always a fan of having to eat her balanced meals and would rather eat crackers, bread and cereal all day long. But, she loves to eat raisins, and we recently also discovered her love for black beans. A true surprise to me since I hated them as a kid. I even ended up having to peel them out of a burrito I was eating (and licking of the cheese sauce, because "no mom, I don't want the cheese sauce") because she saw them in there and wanted some. I felt like a bird regurgitating food for her baby :) I guess it's good to have found another protein source for her, because I guess she's quite petite! Makes me wonder if she'll take after the women on her dad's side of the family, and turn out shorter and curvier than her mom! (Ha, maybe she will be happy to know that she actually has a chance of developing boobs when she grows up, unlike the ladies on her mom's side of the family :) ) Anyway, that is besides the point ... at this mornings checkup:

Height: 30 1/2 inches (15th percentile, dropped from 27th)
Weight: 21 lbs 9 oz (12th percentile, dropped from 25th)
Head: 47 cm (steady at ~64th percentile)
And of course a few pictures:
18 month shot with Slungel
I've got teeth on the top and bottom!


Our cutie :)
Trying on her mamma's shoes for size :)

Playdate with friend Weston
She also her her first overnight away from mom, so that mom and dad could go on a date. It was a grand success if you ask me, sure to be repeated! Her grandpa took these pictures as she was helping grandma in the garden:
Picking and sorting green beans.

With grandma in her garden.
Andi is also starting to copy me doing things around the house. She's a pro at talking on the cell phone (Hi!), and will have whole conversations. She likes to help feed Sage, and, since last week she "helps" me vacuum! I take an extension piece off of my vacuum for her to pretend with, and it is too fun!

4 comments:

Krismisstree said...

I can't believe how big she looks! In the first picture I see a lot of your dad in her, Wiesje. What a lovely little girl you have...can't wait to stay with you in TWO WEEKS!!!!

oncearunner said...

She is soooooo cute! And looks so much older! Can't wait to get to meet her.

Lotje said...

Joepie!! weer nieuwe post, echt wat een super leuke foto's :) Ben je eigenlijk al begonnen met een boek van al je postst?

Hele dikke knuf

grandma carla said...

oh wat leuk. Andi is nu al aan het huishouden. Stofzuigen. sage eten geven . Zo snoezig.
En wat ziet ze er lief uit !!!
Oma gaat ook een keer al die blogs uitprinten. Je schrijft zo gezellig Wiesje !