Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

En France!

Andi and I are in France! We are staying with my parents and my sister in my parents' home in the country side in the South, and it is wonderful like always! The stone house was built in 1761, and is so much fun to get to stay in. Quite something to watch Andi climb up stone stairs everyday that are ~250 yrs old! The flight was long and tiring, but very much worth it :) Because the internet is as slow as molasses here (forget facebook), I will leave you with a few snippets only .... more details and pictures to come later!

* Sunshine, bikini, pool.

* Andi playing with grandma, grandpa and my sister from morning till evening.

* Fresh French bread and Mmmm old Dutch cheese.

* Reading books and magazines.

* My sister and I finally get to run together! We went on 2 runs so far to the neighboring village. It's a beautiful run through the vineyards and fields, and although it's only a short run (15 minutes to the village), it is a tough and sweaty one....heat, humidity (!), and HILLS! Have I mentioned before that I don't do well on hills? My sister kicks my butt!

* French bread and cheese.

* Some more sunshine, bikini, pool. :)

* Evening walks with Andi to feed the neighbors' horses and look at their sheep. Beehhhhh

* We take little walks with Andi through the grass, stopping to look at the flowers so she can "smell" them. She doesn't quite understand how to smell something, and thinks the sound we make when we smell comes from blowing, so she wants to stop and blow on every flower :)

* Delicious fresh cherries, and drip-down-your-elbows peaches and nectarines.

* Mmm chocolates and black licorice.

* Andi doesn't do so well sleeping here, so most nights she ends up in my bed at some point. Though it's a little tiring, I have to say it is actually quite fun and cozy. Besides, with a buzy daily schedule of poolside lazyness there are plenty of opportunities for naps :)

* Did I mention the french bread and cheese? (you get the drift ... see why running with my sister is becoming sort of a must? ;) )

* Visiting old villages.

* This weekend my brother, his wife and their two kids are joining us. I wish Ben could too. Miss you my man!

(* P.S Did I get you jealous yet? hihi)

1 comment:

Gerda Bosch said...

Wauw wat gezellig allemaal echt genieten!