Over the last few weeks, I have been trying to teach Andi not to stand up in the bathtub...wobbly feet and a slippery bathtub floor do not make for a good combination.
I understand that it might be a litte confusing..."So wait, mom, you want me to stand up every where else, and start walking, and now that I want to stand up, I'm not allowed? Why? Ugh, grownups." But Oy, it is quite the process! Some nights she stands up too many times to count! I am pretty sure she understands exactly what I'm telling her when I ask her to sit back down (and say why), because most of the times, after a little while, and a LOT of "dislike" in her face, she will actually go sit back down, just obeying the command. Many times though she will purposely try to ignore me, and so I sit her back down myself....of course followed by more "dislike" on her part :)
A select few other times, it actually gets to the point where I give her a little tap on the butt, and then sit her back down...she does need to learn to listen to mom! Last night though, even that didn't quite work anymore: when she would stand up again, she would just reach back with both hands herself, and start tapping her own butt! "I've got this mom, I'll just stand up and discipline myself for it, so I can continue to do what I want?"
How can you not start laughing? :) So now what?
I am sure there are many, many more of these types of moments to follow....
14 years ago


2 comments:
hahahaaha GEWELDIG :)
What a little stinker. Isn't it funny how much they understand....they take it all in! Hadley watches us do something once and then she does it over and over. I have to be careful what I do around her. They are smart little cookies!!! Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment