Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Springtime update

Ahh, spring is in the air, and Ben's weekend of stress (OCS and the PE exam) is behind us, so time for a blog update!
We have been enjoying several gorgeous spring days outside already. Andi loves to be outside, and always starts squealing when we have to go back indoors. We take walks with the stroller, go to the park and sit in the swing, or take her sheep bike or walker out on the driveway and sidewalk in front of our house so she can explore on her own...yay rocks and sticks!

Sunday: who has time to eat lunch (bib around her neck) when there are rocks and sticks to play with!


Monday afternoon: Playing outside with Sage


The girls watch as daddy washes the truck.


I tried to capture some of the fun on video here, but I'm always a little too late :)

Of course it is still spring time in Laramie, so days of sunshine and warmth come in between days of snow, wind and cold, so we still play inside a lot too. Andi still races around the living room in her walker, loves to empty out every drawer she can get to, and is now very good at pulling herself up, and is starting to take steps along furniture and climb the stairs. She also loves music and dancing, and as soon as any type of rythmic tune comes on the tv or radio she starts bopping to it. Last week though I cought her sitting on her knees, with her hands behind her head in her neck, twirling her little hips to the music...though it looked too cute, that sort of dancing seemed a little inappropriate for her age :) (of course you never have a camera on hand when such things happen!)
Some more pictures of this week -
Playing in the tub:


She loves to dip down and eat soap bubbles.



One of her favorite drawers....so much fun all those poker chips, napkins, and mom's chocolate making tins!


I have also gone on a couple of (shorter distance) stroller runs with Andi again, and I'm so glad she enjoys those! I {heart} running outside, and hopefully some day she will run right beside me :) Once a week, usually saturday morning when Ben can stay home to watch Andi I go on a long(er) run all by myself...glorious! I guess I overdid it a little bit this week though, as I'm currently sitting here with a bag of ice on my shin because of shin splints...darn shin splints...even just walking hurts. Guess I'll be taking a few days off :(

3 comments:

Andy and Megan said...

She is just too cute! I am glad you are getting some nice weather over yonder...wish we could send some of ours in a box to you :)

grandma carla said...

Oh wat schattig nu weer !
Wat een enorm ding is die walker zeg. Neemt die niet je halve kamer in beslag ? ha ha
Wat een lief hoedje heeft Andi op.
knuffel oma

oncearunner said...

I just want to squeeze Andi and take her home with me!!! Lucky girl mommy!!!!!