Before we had Andi, whenever I would watch other parents give food to their youngens in their high chair, I'd be a little afraid if I would ever be able to handle the incredible mess they create, smearing food EVERYwhere, including all over themselves. Well, Andi is getting to that age now, and even though during most of her mealtimes I still carefully spoon it into her mouth, keeping the bowl out of her arms' reach, sometimes I just let her go at it. Because, I realised, it is just too much FUN to see her experiment with her food! Worth cleaning up all the mess she makes. Besides, Andi doesn't have all that much hair yet anyway, so it is still relatively easy to clean up :) It is also quite fun that when for the moment I turn my back to her chair, Sage will be right there licking Andi's hands clean, making her giggle in delight.
10 Months. It is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain the standard monthly shot with Andi and Slungel, as she just loves to wrestle the little guy...
Big smile...eating a cookie! ....Mmmmm!
This past weekend Ben went birdhunting with his dad at uncle Vern's in Ogallala, Nebraska. Besides having just a great time together, they had a good hunt as well, and came back with all the geese allowed per hunter per day. We have enough goosemeat now to try a bunch of different recipes ... any suggestions? On Sunday the hunt was on for pheasants and quail. This proved a little more difficult, but Ben shot the one pheasant of that day! We'll be cooking that one up tonight: in the oven, wrapped in bacon and stuffed with apples....I can't wait!
Nice birds!
Some of the loot
Ben and his pheasant
Hunting hillbillies
Of course as the men were out hunting, us ladies got together, and had a relaxing time watching a movie, eating yummy food, and playing a game.
Next up on our agenda is Ben's laser eye surgery this Thursday! Though I kinda wish they had a two-for-the-price-of-one deal, I'm excited for him! Besides, he gets to be the guinea pig :) He's not the only one going, because good friend Sean also gets his eyes done the same day. Perfect opportunity for a little Bryan/Ennist outing: getting a hotel room, and we'll see how much evening partying can be done in the Denver area with two little ones in tow :)


6 comments:
Hey zus!
Wat leuk zeg! Lijkt me wel vies werkje om die beesten van hun velletje te ontdoen... brr haha
Hele lieve foto's van je kleine meid! Mis jullie echt!! Zou d'r heel graag weer even op school houden!!
Zal aan Ben denken donderdag, beetje eng blijft het toch nog wel he..
Hele dikke knuffel
Lotje
wat een heerlijk foto s weer,
en wat ontwikkelt die kleine meid zich toch fantastisch ! het is toch een wonder he.
wat een buit ! die mannen zien er echt als jagers uit.
glimpse of andi ook gezien . ach...
mis jullie ook echt.
knuffel mamsie
Hey Guys- I didn't know you had family in Ogallala. That's where I am from. Who is your family? Good luck with the eye surgery trip. I've had mine done twice now and am VERY pleased despite having to do it twice. Hope you guys have fun on the trip! Andy is sooooo beautiful. What a blessing!!
Can't wait for the party either!! Should be interesting at the very least:-)
Wat leuk om dit allemaal te lezen en de foto's te zien.
Spannend het jagen. Zo'n ander leven dan in Holland.
Whatever you do save the goose fat for roast potatoes! yum.
Post a Comment