Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Daddy's home!!

Friday morning Andi and I finally got the long awaited phonecall....Ben's coming home!! We had the choice of waiting until 4:50 pm for him to fly to Laramie, or to drive to Denver and pick him up there at 1:50 pm. Since I had done just about all the waiting I could, I decided to leave right away, and drive to DIA!

One word: YAY!

We were wondering how Andi would react to seeing her Daddy again for the first time in 3 months, but even though she was a little hesitant in the first minute or so (heck, even I had to do a double take when he came up the escalator ... Army uniform, shaved head, -20lbs ...!!), she warmed up to him again really quickly, especially after hearing his familiar soothing voice.

Home with her daddy.
Daddy brought me an army bear!


This morning...having a blast playing on the floor!


Just for comparison with the top picture...below Ben and Andi right before Ben left:




4 comments:

Krismisstree said...

They both thinned out! :) And now they have the same hairstyle, haha :)

So glad Ben is home!!

grandma carla said...

Oh wat heerlijk om Ben en Andi samen op de foto te zien !!
Ben is idd wel afgevallen !
En wat ziet Andi er weer heerlijk uit ! really a SHE baby ! Zo gezellig met dat pakje die ze aanheeft. !!
Nog 4 weken , dan zien we jullie weer ! Joepie !!

Liselotte said...

Hey zus!

Heerlijk dat Ben er nu weer is! Idd hetzelfde kapsel als Andi hihi Nog vier weken en dan zie ik jullie oook weer :D jeeej
Geniet van de komende dagen!

Knuffie

Alicia said...

Oh how stumbling upon this post warms my heart. Thank you to your family for all your loyal service. God will bless you now and forever. Thank you.
Alicia Witt