Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Andi is six months old!

Our little girl is 6 months old! That's half a year!
Here's her 6 month picture with Slungel:



We visited Dr. Horst this morning, and here are her stats:
Height: 25.5 inches (65 cm), about the 40th percentile, up from the 35th.
Weight: 17 lbs 2.5 oz (7.770 kg), about the 75th percentile, up from the 70th.
Head circumference: 42.7 cm, about the 55th percentile, down from the 65th.
She is still doing great, currently getting over her first cold. She been such a trooper, smiling through all of her draining boogers. She's still not really rolling over (she's only done that once), but is really starting to get sitting under control. What we'll be working on this month is learning to eat solid food! Yes, our little hippie baby is pretty much exclusively breastfed at 6 months (she's had a taste of cereal twice now). Haha. Not that I necessarily believe that is best or anything, but it has just been so convenient with all the travelling, hiking and other activities over the last two months!

Anyway, her latest favorite thing to do? Hanging out in the Johny Jump-up! I really like it as well, because whatever room I'm in, I can hang it from a door post so she is close by. She loves more interesting places like the bedroom closet next to where my computer is:


But I think her favorite must be the pantry door - so many interesting things in a pantry!

Hanging out with the broom and mop.

Andi also loves to watch Sage (our dog) come run by - it cracks her up every time - so cute!
So, this girl household is doing good. I sure miss Ben, and evenings can become pretty quiet, but I don't feel like I have anything to whine about compared to those wives that have their husbands overseas for much, much longer! It just stinks that we can't really communicate at all (yet), something we were able to do when I was gone in Antarctica three years ago, and Chile last year.

In the meantime, Sage has taken over the role of protector of the house, and barks at everybody that comes by. This usual jolly gentle giant of a dog can be quite the intimidator with her stature when all her hair is raised! This is a somewhat comforting feeling I guess, although she almost ate the guy that came to read of the gas meter the other day....


My two favorite people :) - Before Ben took off.

Next up on the agenda? My mom is coming to visit for 3 weeks! More girl time!

6 comments:

granny carla said...

Oh still two days !
Dan kan ik jullie in het ECHT zien.
geweldig.
Enig Andi in de jumper !!
love granny carla

The Ennists said...

You have such a cutie! I really thought she would be bigger than Weston, but at 6 months he wieghed 18lb 14oz, but he had a little height on him as he was 26 3/4 inches! I love these chubby babies! Hope she is doing well after her shots.

Liselotte said...

Hey zus!
Wat een onzettend mooie foto van Andi in de pantry, wat een koppie!! echt een onzettend liefie! Mams komt nu snel jou kant op, dus kunnen jullie samen 's avonds kopjes thee drinken en the food network kijken :) (en onderzoek doen naar de mooiste winterjas voor mij natuurlijk ;))
Hele dikke knuf

mams said...

ha ha nu zie ik het pas : ze hangt in de werkkast !! ha ha

tot morgen mams

Lee Ann said...

She is such a cutie. Where did you get the Johnny Jump Up? I want to find one for Will. Have fun with your mom!

Grant and Sara said...

That's my brother! Can't believe he's in boot camp! That's so crazy! Proud of you, Ben! Love the pictures so much! Miss you guys!!