Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

5 Months old!

Our Andi is five months old today!
I think she weighs about 16.5 lbs (~ 7.5 kg), and is almost ready for size 3 diapers :)
Her 5 month traditional shot with Slungel:
Also, as I left the room to get my camera, I found Andi in this position, wrestling Slungel :) I guess she rolled to her side and grabbed him. (I also have a fun video of it - including her wrestling grunts - that I will post on her blog).
She is learning so much, all the time. It seems like every week we notice something else 'new' she is doing. She is almost rolling over from her back to tummy, is getting better at assisted sitting, she also can find her pacifier and put it in her mouth (though not always the right way around haha), and she has found her feet (see earlier post).
We still experience many 'firsts' too: first time in nursery at church, first time going to a track to help dad prepare for Army bootcamp (a fun event in which mom, I, "The Nazi" (another one of Ben's sweet nicknames for me), make Ben run intervals around the track. Hehe.), first time facing forward in the front pack, and ... first time eating rice cereal!!
Of course that event was also documented (video on her blog) {edit: apparently, the video is too large to upload on the blog, so I'll have to figure out a way to shorten it to post it}:
Mom apparently thinks this is a very serious affair (the look on my face) - but look how pretty that first bite goes in!
She didn't dislike it, nor did she make very funny faces or anything. Just sort of like "Ok, this is new, but I can handle it." As expected though, she barely really ate any of it, but instead had more fun playing with it, especially with the fun sloppy sound you get when you also put your fingers in your mouth along with the rice cereal:
:) (btw - look at that blonde hair that is finally starting to grow!)
Trying to give her some more, failing to do so, because of the fingers in her mouth.

Finally she figured that holding the spoon for herself and sticking it in her mouth was a pretty fun game too!

Finally, in order to not quite end the Andi picture extravaganza, some shots of her 'riding in the car seat' faces, talking to Aunt Liselotte:


"Hey!"


"Let me tell you about this one time ..."
"...and then this happened..."


Practicing her pouty, how-can-you-resist-me face :)

1 comment:

granny carla said...

Wat een prachtige foto s weer !
Ik geniet er ongelofelijk van.
Over een maand dan mag ik haar in het echt zien !! Joepie !!
En dan neem ik een babybandje mee!!
gaan we zwemmen !!
JUllie ealiseren je alleen niet wat The Nazi betekent, kan echt niet in Europa.knuffel mams