Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Where do you begin?

No particular story post to tell, but little Andi is taking a nice afternoon nap, and I have some free time on my hands :) Oh the joy of not working!

There is one topic though that I have been thinking about - Infant messes. And cleaning them up. Even though Andi is only three months old, she's had her fair share, and the other day one of them took the cake and left me thinking - "Where do I even begin to clean this up?" :)
Most days, Andi has about 1 to 2 blowouts - nothing out of the ordinary - that's what babies do.
But, the other day I sure had a lot of cleaning to do. All before breakfast :)
It all started with a 3am feeding, when I noticed she had wiggled enough that her diaper wasn't on right anymore, so her clothes and bedding were all wet. Ok, I just change them.
Then she woke up hungry again at 6:30am, so I nursed her. But, as I lifted her to burp her all of a sudden this huge fountain of spit up splashed directly in my face, also hitting the back of the chair, and the wall behind the chair (that's like 3 feet!). I quickly turned her, but before I could do any damage control she spit up again, and a large fountain went over the arm rest of the chair, and onto the side table (soaking a tissue box, and several magazines and books) and onto the carpet floor. The cutie had such a suprised look on her face :) I then sat her on my lap so that I could at least dry off my face, when with full force she filled her diaper - and more - shooting out along her legs and up to her shoulders, soaking through her jammies leaving a big stain on my pajama pants :)
So now I was dripping, the wall was dripping, the side table was dripping, the chair and floor were wet, I had poo on my legs, and Andi was so covered in poo I didn't even know how to take her clothes off, let alone lay her down so I could start on the other stuff :)
Now, Andi is only three months old, and I know there have got to be much better stories out there :) So moms, if you feel inspired (and not too grossed out) to share, I hereby tag you to do so!

Some random pictures of the last couple of days:


Enjoying some evening sun together on the porch swing, watching dad mow the lawn (the only little bit of sun Andi gets, as I am always very very careful to cover her up - just in case she turns out as fair skinned as I am, instead of inheriting her daddy's tanning abilities :) )



Ben's first fathers day -taking a walk around Westminster (CO).

We also got our first professional family pictures taken! We were lucky that Ben's cousin Rachael (http://www.serendipitiphotography.com/) flew in from New York for a vacation, and was willing to take them :) Even though Andi wasn't the best model - hardly any smiles - I am very eager to see how they turned out - hopefully the next post!

5 comments:

Krismisstree said...

Oh, that's a pretty bad one!!

Ryan once pooped on me in the tub...it formed a film on top. Nasty.

Then when he was almost a year old (?) we were in the airport and I heard him start to gag, so I picked him up and said "are you okay?"

Right as I said "O" of Okay, he puked, projectile, and my mouth was open. You get the picture. It was SO GROSS.

proud granny carla said...

wat een prachtverhaal.
ik zie het helemaal voor me.
wat een heerlijke baby zeg !!
Aha mijn kleindochter !!!


zet je ook nog een foto van oma op de blog ?

liefs mamsie

Cat said...

It's been a while since visiting your blog- I've been missing out! I laugh at your predicament- where to start? I've had to cut off 'onesies' that weren't worth the trouble of cleaning...it also saved any more 'poo' from being spread to undesirable areas while trying to take it off...

Lotje said...

Hey zussie,

haha mooi verhaal! Kan niet wachten om mijn virtuele nichtje in het echt te zien en te knuffelen!

Lotje

Lotje said...

OH WAT EEN LIEVE, UBER SCHATTIGE FILPMJES HEB JE EROP GEZET!! ik smelt :)

Knuffie