Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Spring time!

Spring has finally come to Laramie and I'm loving it :) Warm days for a nice walk, green buds on the trees, and my tulips are in full bloom! Time to start gardening! This weekend Marilyn and I went to the annual Laramie Garden Club plant sale, and we both bought a bunch of plants - I got a few flowers for in the flower bed in front of the house, and a couple of bushes for up front by the street. I keep saying front of the house, because this year I decided to just surrender the back yard to the dogs (both Sage and Kenai). Last year I spent all this time (and money) putting in a flower bed in the back, but by the end of fall it was completely destroyed :(


Tulips in bloom, and green buds on my rose bushes!


Last week on Sunday, Ben and I spent some time cutting off the lower branches of our two trees - not only does it look much fresher and cleaner, but it also brings some extra light into my living room, and I can now hang some birdfeeders from the lower branches to attract more litte birds! Next job is to revive the grass underneath the trees, or fill it in with something else.


Home sweet home.

Of course no post of mine is complete without a few pictures of Andi :)

(Supervised) sleeping on my tummy - look at those cheeks! And that bald head ;)


My first jeans!


Bundled up, ready for a walk in mom's front pack on a chilly windy spring day.

1 comment:

granny carla said...

Wat leuk, je tuinverhalen.
Ik weet precies wat je erbij hebt geplant, want in april heb ik al het onkruid nog verwijderd .!
Heerlijk he weer voorjaar !
Ach en dan die foto s van die kleine , ik kan er geen genoeg van krijgen.Elke foto wordt door mij bestudeerd.
knuffel oma carla