Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Family time.

Last evening, we took my parents to the airport to fly back home to Holland. They've been in the US for little over a month, and spent a lot of that time with us. It was so special to me to have them here when Andi was born, and the first days and weeks right after. Nothing like having your mom and dad there! I am always a little sad the first days after they leave again, I don't think I will ever get used to living so far apart. Especially now that Andi is here, and we can't just go visit grandma and grandpa Mooiweer. But, it is not all sad - every time we visit, it is therefore even more special, and how cool is it that Andi has a grandpa and grandma, aunties and uncles and nephews in Holland! She will be the coolest kid in kindergarten :)


Sleeping happy with Oma Mooiweer


Our little humpty by Opa Mooiweer

I am also happy to have a very amazing family in-law (who do live close by!); from the moment I was introduced to them they adopted me as their own daughter/sister/grand daughter/niece - I am so blessed! Actually, as I am typing this I should be getting myself and my girl ready to head out to an Easter get-together with the whole bunch in Denver this afternoon.
More of the great family invasion will also commence, as Uncle Grant and Aunt Sara are flying in to spend a week around here! Yippee!!
Then after that, this Thursday, my brother will by flying in to spend a week with us!! I am beyond excited about this, because this will be his first time visiting in the nine years I've lived here. He is taking vacation time especially for us to meet little Andi, and that is a big gift considering his wife is staying home with their two boys. Thank you Erika, Ivan and Tesse!

But, with all these things going on, I didn't want to forget about the most important thing this weekend - Easter. It is probably my favorite holiday, and I'm so excited to celebrate it! Christ died on the cross for my sins, three days later he rose again, and now I am free! Our pastor always reminds us that even if we were the only ones to ever have sinned, Christ would have made that same sacrifice, and died just for us. Just think about that for a second - He loves us that much!

No comments: