Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Modified bed rest - growing that baby!

Yesterday I had my 35 week appointment at the clinic. I have been feeling great, my blood pressure (110/65) and weight gain (22 lbs) are great, but apparently I measured a little small again (at about 33 weeks). Dr. Klingler therefore did another ultrasound, which showed the cutest, very chubby cheeked baby face I have ever seen :) However, it also indicated that her torso measured a little small for her gestational age (also at about 33 weeks) and that my amniotic fluid is also quite on the low side (7 on a scale of 5-24). :(
He also told me that these measurements are not very precise - he could come up with completely different numbers at a second measurement. However, because things are not without concern, I had a non-stress test after that, that (praise God!) she passed with flying colors - she's still a little kicker! Either way though - this little one is very important to me, so he suggested modified bed rest at least until I go in for another non-stress test this thurday, and another ultrasound coming monday. Ben and I have faith that God is looking after our little one, and that she will be OK, but would still appreciate your prayers.
Meanwhile, I have set up 'office' on our coffee table in the living room, propped up with 4 pillows, laying on my left side on the couch - very determined to grow this belly and little girl inside! :)

Bed rest though is interesting to me - I am always such a busy bee! For instance, from my new point of view of our living room, I have already noticed several little chores: a spot on the wall here, dog hair in the corner there, and I saw that one of the light bulbs in our ceiling fixture is out (who knows how long its been like that!) and that there are 3 dead flies in there - gross.
But - none important enough that they can't wait, and there is always Ben, who has been very sweet, and makes an excellent butler :)

I will also post pictures of our babymoon soon! Ben and I had such a fantastic time in San Diego! We took walks along the beach, watched ocean sunsets, went to sea world, ate great sea food and luxury breakfasts every day, toured the city, and came back with a tanned face and beach sand between our toes :) It was like a second honeymoon, so much fun together, and most definately worth every penny :)
We probably over exerted ourselves (especially me apparently) a little bit though, walking around playing tourist so much, so it is good that I have doctor's orders to sit on my butt for a while!

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Thanks for the update. We will be praying that the next stress test and ultrasound go well.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wat zou ik je nu graag willen helpen, dooie vliegen en hondeharen weghalen etc.
Natuurlijk bidden we voor jou en je kleintje. zie ps 106:1 God is goed !knuffel uit Frankrijk
mams