Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Roarrr

For two reasons:
1) Ben and I killed another bear last night - Ben finished texturing the ceilings upstairs, and we finished painting the ceilings in the living room and family room downstairs. I love how our new ceilings look! Nice and smoothly textured, with no popcorn (and blue sparklies) in sight. Yay!
2) If you live anywhere in the vicinity of Laramie you know what I'm talking about: we had the most awesome lightshow last night - a HUGE thunderstorm! After we finished working on the house for the evening we took our camping chairs, opened the garage door, turned off all the lights and watched how the thundering bolts shook the ground. It was fantastic.

(P.S. Crazy thought: last year Today I left for Antarctica....couldn't imagine doing that again without Ben going with me!)

4 comments:

Krismisstree said...

You guys are quick workers! I bet you sleep well at night these days :) You have already made a huge investment on your return and when you move (hopefully not away from Laramie!!) you will reap the benefits :)
~K

David said...

no.2 is a great experience to share!

Uncle Marty said...

You guys are animal! Wish we could have come by on the weekend to see your progress. Keep up the good sweat equity work. Got drywall boogers yet?

The Bryans said...

Definately a yes on the drywall boogers when we were scraping ceilings and building the walls! Now that we're in the painting stage though, they're pretty much gone...pfeww!